The Upper Township Green Team was established in August 2013 by the Township Committee.
Green Team Members
- Ralph Cooper, Chair
- Wanda Adamson
- Fred Beuttler
- Tom Berger
- Nancy Hannum
- Cricket Denton Brennan
- Harry Young
- Paul Dietrich, Sr., Municipal Engineer
- Hobart Young, Township Committee
The Upper Twp. Green Team has been developed in conjunction with the statewide Sustainable Jersey (SJ) effort that was officially launched in 2009. The Green Team supports the Township of Upper’s ongoing certification with the Sustainable Jersey program. Upper Township obtained four Bronze Certifications with Sustainable Jersey in 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2014.
Green Team Vision Statement
Upper Twp. Green Team – Working toward a more sustainable Upper Township.
Green Team Purpose Elements
The Upper Township Green Team shall:
1. Serve as the advisory team to the Township Committee and the Township of Upper.
2. Focus on the successful completion of requirements for eligibility for Sustainable New Jersey certification.
3. Educate the Township of Upper in sustainability and the importance of a sustainable lifestyle to the community.
4. Encourage the Township Committee and the Township of Upper to participate in and propose green initiatives.
5. Collaborate with other environmental organizations and committees, both public and private, to replicate and utilize the best practices.
6. Ensure there is a coordinated effort within the Township of Upper and also between related communities.
7. Strive to provide the Township of Upper with continuous environmental improvements to ensure a high quality of life for residents of the Township of Upper.
UTGT meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 1 pm at the Upper Twp. municipal building.
Work sessions and general community collaboration meetings will be schedule on an as needed basis and communicated via the Green Team’s social media.
- Getting to Resilience Report (PDF) highlights future flood hazards steps Upper Township can take to mitigate future flooding.
- NJ Resilient Coastline analysis(PDF)
- Ecological Solutions to Coastal Hazards(PDF) highlights Strathmere Boat Ramp Project
For more information:
Contact: Paul Dietrich, Upper Twp. Municipal Engineer (609) 628.2011 Ext. 244
Green Team Social Media:
Note: The UT Green Team’s Facebook and social media postings enable the collaborative exchange of sustainable information. Postings and opinions on the UTGT sites do not represent the opinions or positions of the Upper Twp. Committee.
- Last Page Update 13 April 2019